The Royse Law Firm’s educational technology and publishing law practice represents educational organizations, technology platforms, publishers, authors and instructors. The practice is headed by Steve Colby and Alan Haus. The firm’s legal team is experienced with issues ranging from initial tax counseling, such as the differences among non-profit, for-profit and service organization structures, to copyright rights in foreign language translations of publications – and everything in between. Our services include:
- – Financial and tax planning
- – Patent protection for educational technology
- – Copyright ownership and brand protection
- – Services agreements, including work-for-hire and license-back agreements
- – Domestic and international transactions
- – Licensing and distribution
We publish Illuminations, a newsletter of legal updates in the field, currently on a semi-annual basis. Alan Haus is its Editor. You are invited to ask him or anyone else in the group to put you on the mailing list for it.