The private fundraising environment has dramatically changed in recent years as a result of new technologies, laws and business models. In addition to traditional private placements, the private fundraising marketplace now includes internet portals, publicly solicited accredited-only financings and crowdsourced investment funds. As the sources of private financing have multiplied, legal compliance has become increasingly complicated. The Royse Law Firm fund services and securities teams can help you navigate the new rules whether you are seeking financing for your company, forming a fund or syndicating an investment. Specifically, we are experienced in the following areas:
- Non-solicited private placements or securities under Rule 506(b) of Regulation D;
- Publicly solicited accredited-only offerings of securities under Rule 506(c) of Regulation D;
- Regulation of investment advisers and broke- dealers;
- Crowdfunding and crowdfinancing;
- Third party verification of accredited investor status under Rule 506(c); and
- Web-based syndication of private company offerings.
Our representative transactions include private investment fund formations, private company financings and advice to investment advisers and intermediaries on the legal requirements in connection with facilitating securities transactions.